Gunfight analysis and statistical data help us prioritize a set of motor functions that are most likely to be needed by civilian firearms carriers when a situation goes to guns.
Providing concealed carriers in the Quad Cities with relevant, evidence-based training was the driving force behind the creation of Defensive Shooting Skills: Handgun Presentation and Defensive Marksmanship Basics.
This dense 4 hour block of instruction will be an introduction to:
- A smooth, reliable draw stroke from a belt or waistband mounted holster
- Multiple shot strings into target areas representing the anatomically significant area of the high center chest at likely defensive distances
- Precision shots for small or distant targets
- Dealing with multiple threats
- Movement associated with avoiding no-shoot targets and making use of cover or concealment
- Tactical anatomy
- Identifying relevant performance-based shooting drills, tests, and standards
- Decision and information processing drills and tests
Clients will leave with the informational tools to engage in deliberate practice to help keep motor skills and mental maps refreshed and recent.
Round Count: 100-150 rounds
What to bring:
- Semi-Auto handgun (revolver carriers, check out Defensive Shooting Skills: Concealed Carry Revolver Basics)
- 2 or more magazines
- Magazine pouch
- Electronic hearing protection is preferred.
- A secondary firearm (IF YOU HAVE ONE, do not buy one for this class.)
- Loaner firearms, magazines, holsters, belts, and magazine pouches are available upon request, contact the instructor in advance if you need to borrow equipment. (563) 277-3227
Concealed carry/basic pistol safety training. Students need to have a working knowledge of firearms safety, and the function of their chosen handgun.
We can schedule a private class for groups of 5 or more!