(NEW LICENSE APPLICANTS)
The State of Illinois requires all Concealed Carry Firearm License (CCFL) applicants to complete 16-hours of training prior to applying for a CCFL. This 8-hour course meets all the firearm safety training requirements of the Illinois Concealed Firearms Act sections 75(b) and 75(c). All applicants must obtain 8-hours of prior firearms training before attending this course and provide proof (photo copies) of this training to the instructor on the course convening date. The course curriculum and instructors are certified by the Illinois State Police. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be issued a course completion certificate, which will be used as the proof of training for the IL CCFL application.
Note: Please bring proof of purchase with you to the class.
Classes must be purchased individually for each student, as certificates of completion will be issued in each person’s name. When more than one student will be attending please purchase each class in a separate transaction.
Prior Training Credits Required:
Students MUST have 8 hours of prior training credit to take this course.
The list of accepted training credits is as follows:
- Illinois Hunter Safety Course: 4 hours
- Utah Concealed Carry: 4 hours
- Florida Concealed Carry: 4 hours
- Nevada Concealed Carry: 4 hours
- Missouri Concealed Carry: 4 hours
- Kentucky Concealed Carry: 4 hours
- Michigan Concealed Carry: 4 hours
- Chicago Firearms Safety Course: 4 hours
- NRA Basic Pistol: 8 hours
- NRA Personal Protection in the Home: 8 hours
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home: 8 hours
- Active, Retired or Honorably Discharged member of the United States Armed Forces: 8 hours
- Prior Law Enforcement or Corrections Officer Training (see Section 75(j) of the Act): 8 hours
Required Material, Supplies and Equipment:
- (1) Handgun – Students are encouraged to supply their own self-defense handgun for the course. All privately-owned handguns must be modern, clean, lubricated and serviceable in all respects. Handguns are available for rent from the gun shop ($10.00/hour);
- (50) Cartridges of the correct ammunition for the handgun to be used in the course (caliber and pressure). Students are encouraged to supply they’re own ammunition for the course. Ammunition is available for purchase in the gun shop.
- (1 set) Eye and Ear Protection – Students are encouraged to supply they’re own shooting glasses and hearing protection. Shooting glasses and ear muffs are available for purchase in the gun shop.
- Wear appropriate shooting range clothing – a baseball cap, long sleeve crew neck T-shirt, long pants, and closed-toe footwear. Footwear should have high-traction lug soles.
Included in the cost of the tuition are the student handouts, shooting range rental fee, and targets.
No live-ammunition in the classroom! – No Exceptions –
To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning, using and carrying a concealed handgun safely and ethically in the State of Illinois. Topics of focus include intensive lessons on the legal requirements and restrictions associated with carrying a concealed firearm in the State of Illinois and a demonstration of applicant’s handgun shooting proficiency.
This is a 8-hour course
All students must provide all the following items:
- A valid government issued photo identification card – proof of age (≤ 21 years) and State of Illinois residency; and
- A valid State of Illinois FOID Card – proof of eligibility to possess firearms.
- Every student must provide proof of prior training credit equivalent to 8 hours as outlined in section 75(g) of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act:
We can schedule a private class for groups of 5 or more!