Who should take this course
Current or prospective concealed carriers with a solid base of safe gun-handling and defensive shooting knowledge. In order to attend this class, you must first complete at least one of the following:
– Real World Defensive Shooting level 1 or Essential CCW Skills Module 1
– Private training with a Davenport Guns instructor covering the relevant competencies
– Equivalent training or experience (contact instructor)
This 5-hour, evidence-based course is centered around critical handgun skills that win gunfights for armed private citizens. The safe, efficient retrieval of the carried firearm, rapid presentation to the ready or to the target, fast acquisition of an acceptable sight picture, establishing the proper cadence of fire to deliver multiple rounds into an acceptable target area based on target distance, and basic movement are covered in this course.
Taught by Daniel Pierson, certified Rangemaster, Complete Combatant, Law of Self Defense, USCCA, and NRA instructor.
This course involves drawing a loaded firearm from the holster during a live-fire range portion. Make sure you have safe and serviceable gear, as well as the proper prerequisite experience before signing up for this course
What To Bring
Note: Everything you need for the class is for sale or rent at Davenport Guns, but you may bring the following items if you have them.
- Holster and gun belt (loaner gear is available if you notify the instructor at least 7 days in advance)
- 250 rounds of ammunition
- Safe range attire (closed-toed shoes, crew neck shirts, ball cap or visor to deflect hot brass away from the face)
- Eye and ear protection
*Blackhawk SERPA Holsters and other similar holsters that use a retention device that is operated by the index finger of the shooting hand are banned from use in any class that involves the firing of live ammunition at Davenport Guns. A holster should completely cover the trigger guard of the firearm with rigid material, and should maintain its shape after the firearm is drawn. Unsafe or unserviceable holsters will not be allowed for use in shooting classes.
Lesson 1 – Safe gun-handling and risk mitigation
Lesson 2 – Tactical anatomy and target selection
Lesson 3 – Lessons learned from real gunfights involving private citizens
Lesson 4 – Refining basic defensive shooting techniques
Lesson 5 – Building a safe, efficient, and rapid draw to first shot
Lesson 6 – Rapid visual indexing techniques for precision at speed
Lesson 7 – Engaging targets with multiple shots, and mutliple target engagements
– Essential CCW Skills Module 1
– Private training with a Davenport Guns instructor in the relevan competencies
– Other equivelent training (contact instructor)
Private class can be arranged for groups of 5 or more.