Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals is a comprehensive course for anyone considering owning or carrying a firearm for self-defense. The course is a complete guide to understanding conflict avoidance and situational awareness; home security and home defense; handgun, shotgun and AR-15 basics; shooting fundamentals; the physiology of violent encounters; the legal aspects of using deadly force (including knowing what to do in the aftermath); and a complete guide on gear, gadgets, and ongoing training.
You will Receive
- Certificate of Completion
- A free paperback copy of Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals by Michael Martin (a $3o dollar value)
- This course counts for 8 hours of training for the Illinois concealed carry license (CCL) training course offered by Davenport Guns.*
What To Bring
- Handgun (Handguns are rented at the store if you do not have one)
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Safe Range Attire (closed-toed shoes, crew-neck shirts, a ball cap or visor to deflect brass away from the eyes and face)
*This applies only to IL CCL courses taught by Davenport Guns and is not an 8 hour training credit that can be applied elsewhere.
This is an 8-hour course
There are no prerequisites for this course, and firearm ownership is not required.
Lesson 1 – Developing a personal and home protection plan
Lesson 2 – Self-defense firearm basics
Lesson 3 – Shooting fundamentals
Lesson 4 – The legal use of force
Lesson 5 – Violent encounters and their aftermath
Lesson 6 – Gear and gadgets
Lesson 7 – Basic and advanced skills
Private class can be arranged for groups of 5 or more.