Who should take this course
Current or prospective concealed carriers with a solid base of safe gun-handling and defensive shooting knowledge. In order to attend this class, you must first complete at least one of the following:
– Real World Defensive Shooting level 2
– Advanced Women’s Handgun and Self Defense Fundamentals
– Private training with a Davenport Guns instructor covering the relevant competencies
– Equivalent training or experience (contact instructor)
This 5-hour, evidence-based course is centered around critical handgun skills that win gunfights for armed private citizens. This course builds on, and continues to refine the skills learned in modules 1 and 2. While continuing to build foundational skills in safe and efficient gun handling, you’ll learn about the surreptitious concealed carry drawstroke, strong hand/weak hand only shooting, changing gears/adjusting cadence, deliberate precision shooting, and more.
Taught by Daniel Pierson, certified Rangemaster, Complete Combatant, Law of Self Defense, USCCA, and NRA instructor.
This course involves drawing a loaded firearm from the holster during an optional live-fire range portion. Make sure you have safe and serviceable gear, as well as the proper prerequisite experience before signing up for this course
What To Bring
Note: Everything you need for the class is for sale or rent at Davenport Guns, but you may bring the following items if you have them.
- Holster and gun belt (loaner gear is available if you notify the instructor at least 7 days in advance)
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Safe range attire (closed-toed shoes, crew neck shirts, ball cap or visor to deflect hot brass away from the face)
- Eye and ear protection
*Blackhawk SERPA Holsters and other similar holsters that use a retention device that is operated by the index finger of the shooting hand are banned from use in any class that involves the firing of live ammunition at Davenport Guns. A holster should completely cover the trigger guard of the firearm with rigid material, and should maintain its shape after the firearm is drawn. Unsafe or unserviceable holsters will not be allowed for use in shooting classes.
Lesson 1 – Safe gun-handling and risk mitigation
Lesson 2 – The surreptitious drawstroke/launching a surprise counter-attack
Lesson 3 – Strong-hand/weak-hand-only shooting applications
Lesson 4 – Changing gears, adjusting firing cadences to achieve the desired result
Lesson 5 – Responding to threats in a 360 degree environment
Lesson 6 – Precision at speed, firing the deliberate precision shot soon enough to matter
Lesson 7 – Handgun use under cognitive load
Lesson 8 – Measuring progress; drills, tests, and standards
– Essential CCW Skills Module 2
– Private training with a Davenport Guns instructor in the relevant competencies
– Other equivalent training (contact instructor)
Private class can be arranged for groups of 5 or more.