Who should attend this course?
Upstanding and responsible women who want to defend themselves and their families and have completed at least one of the following:
- Basic Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals Course >
- NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course >
- USCCA Protector Academy Level 1 Qualification >
- Private training with a Davenport Guns instructor covering the required competencies
Intermediate Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals is the next step for the responsibly armed woman who wants to protect what she loves.
Everything you need for the course is available for rent or purchase at Davenport Guns, but you are encouraged to bring your own serviceable and safe firearms and gear if you have them.
What To Bring
- Handgun (Handguns are rented at the store if you do not have one)
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Safe Range Attire (closed-toed shoes, crew-neck shirts, a ball cap or visor to deflect brass away from the eyes and face)
Lesson 1 – Revolvers vs. Semi-Automatics
Lesson 2 – Bullets and Ballistics
Lesson 3 – Cycle of Operation
Lesson 4 – Common Malfunctions
Lesson 5 – Holsters and Concealed Carry
Lesson 6 – Establishing Personal Boundaries
Lesson 7 – Shooting Fundamentals Review
Lesson 8 – Live-Fire Shooting Drills
We can schedule a private class for groups of 5 or more!